Monday, January 09, 2012

Groceries

I try to stay away from processed foods as much as possible. For a whole I was on an organic kick but that got tiresome due to shopping frequently for fresh items and trying to find the right foods.

I'm now realizing that my time is important to me and I want to spend as little time as possible shopping for groceries and other things. The fewer trips to the store, the better.

Enter Costco. I have a regular list of foods that I consume on a regular basis. All of them can be purchased at Costco. The trick is to buy in sufficient enough quantities to go shopping every two or three weeks instead of every week vs spoilage for veggies and other perishables.

A main thrust of simplifying (for me anyway) is cutting out repetitive tasks. From making my. breakfasts for the week on Sunday (marginal increase in cooking time vs only one dish cleaning) to cutting all my veggies at the start of the week to shopping every other week.

Buying in bulk the core (whole and unprocessed foods) I eat should help.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?